The cost for our council to deliver the program is $180 per girl. Girls on the Run Vermont does all we can to ensure that no girl is ever turned away due her family’s financial circumstances. For this reason GOTRVT automatically subsidizes the cost for every girl, enabling us to charge a standard fee of $100 (breaks down to $5 per lesson). We are able to do this thanks to many generous individuals and businesses around the state who contribute to Girls on the Run Vermont every year.
When analyzing the cost of any after-school program, and GOTR specifically, it is important to keep in mind all that it offers. In addition to the invaluable life teachings and tools our girls receive, the cost of the Girls on the Run program also includes:
- 20 GOTR lessons, 2 days per week, 90 minutes per session (that’s 300 hours of Girl Power!)
- Lessons conducted by trained and background-checked coaches
- Official Girls on the Run/Heart & Sole T-Shirts for coaches and girls
- End of season 5K (entry, happy hair paint, medals, celebration festivities, etc.)
- Printed activity sheets
- Supplies for all 20 lessons (stickers, markers, jump rope, cones, balloons, etc.)
- End of year certificates
- Journals (Heart & Sole)
- Curriculum book (each lesson is expertly developed and researched)
- Grown-up Guides (parents) & Coach Guides (coaches)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
We work hard every day to make Girls on the Run affordable for ALL Vermont girls and families and we understand that our standard fee may not be feasible for some. GOTRVT is pleased to grant limited financial assistance to families based on the Vermont Agency of Education’s free and reduced lunch schedule. Financial aid needs will be automatically calculated during the process of registering your girl (no separate links, codes, or waiting period) until our budget has been reached.. Program fees will be published as follows:
- $50 – program cost for families who qualify for reduced price lunch
- $20 – program cost for families who qualify for free lunch
*Families who are unable to pay within the above structure should contact our office.
New this season, we will be offering families a sibling or multi-child discount. If a parent/guardian is registering two girls for the program they will receive a $25 discount on the 2nd participant. This discount will automatically be applied during the registration process. Please note that financial assistance and the sibling discount cannot be combined.
Please contact Amy Elkaliouby at 802-246-1476 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.